Vast Investment Opportunities in Myanmar
There has never been a better time to explore the huge opportunities in Myanmar, with the country’s vast array of unexplored and under-explored territories putting Myanmar on the global energy map, the upcoming bidding rounds for new blocks, as well as the government initiatives aiming to open up Myanmar to investment.
Here are just a few reasons why Myanmar is set to become a key player in the global gas industry:
- Myanmar benefits from its geographical positioning close to the fast-growing economies of China and India, where raw materials are in huge demand, providing a ready market for Myanmar’s mined minerals
- The Ministry of Energy (MOE) said 29 lucrative offshore blocks will be offered alongside 34 onshore blocks in the next bidding round
- Global gas demand to rise 17% by 2017 – driven by increasing demand from Asia and the US, while China’s natural gas demand is set to double by 2017 according to a new IEA report
- The FDI law is set to be enacted into the law, following some minor amendments
- Myanmar will be implementing the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, which will make it more convenient for internationals to operate in the country