Myanmar Oil & Gas Industry
- Myanmar is one of the oldest oil producers. It exported its first barrel of oil in 1853.
- The Rangoon Oil Company was the first IOC to drill in the country.
- Between 1886 and 1963, the country´s oil industry was dominated by Burmah Oil Company.
- Ychaugyaung oil field was discovered in 1887 and the Chauk field in 1902; both are still in production.
The Myanmar potential
Myanmar has 17 different sedimentary basins onshore and offshore, and according to the USGS, Myanmar has considerable hydrocarbon potential.
- Power generation accounts for 58% of gas usage
- Private businesses have to rely on self-generation using imported liquids fuels
- Domestic demand will keep growing as pipeline infrastructure becomes more wide spread
- MOGE estimates that by the end of the decade domestic demand will reach 900 million cubic feet per day
Secure Your Participation!
To find out more about the Myanmar Upstream Summit 2013 and how you can be involved please contact:Odiri Umusu